Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR)
Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR) is a a co-creation model to enable entrepreneurs to leverage research output from IIIT-H labs leading to:
- Licensing of IIIT-H technology
- Increase deep tech startups
- Social / Commercial use of research output
EIR Selection Process :
- The potential EIR sends out a high level idea, opportunity & plan.
- The EIR goes through the CIE idea validation and boot camps to refine their ideas. The shortlisted ideas move forward to formal EIR program.
- EIR and IIIT Product labs agree upon the first product development scope and plan with a 3-6 months calendar cap – Till first customer pilot
- EIR term sheet is formally signed off for IIIT Product Lab and Research Labs Allocate resources.
- Licensing : Equity / Cash / Combination of Both:
- Exclusive for business of the startup in focus.
- Expires If EIR does not build the business as per agreed milestones
Potential EIR can submit the business idea to https://cie.iiit.ac.in/iiit-h-eir/